Monday, August 18, 2014

MAC Pro Longwear SPF 20 Compact Foundation Review

Let me start off by mentioning that MAC's creme to powder foundation is not a new concept. As a matter of fact Max Factor use to have a similar creme to powder compact. I used to love my Max Factor one but since this brand is no longer available in the U.S. I had to switch over to liquid.
Anyways, back on topic...
I went to my nearest MAC Pro Store and saw that they came out with their own creme compact. I flagged a sales girl down immediately to match me. The result was NC40. With my liquid Studio Fix I'm NC35, which seemed odd to me until she explained that their colors change varying from foundation type. I thought to myself great, hope I don't have to return to exchange it later. 
Bought it, took it home. (Also got Blunt Powder, separate review) 
A week later I was excited to try it out by myself. Having had prior experience with creme foundation I knew I wasn't going to be using the round sponge that came with it in the bottom compartment. Too much crude gets on it from your purse if you carry it around with you. Thanks in part to the bottom of the compact having a sorta see through mesh.
I got some regular triangle sponges and gently swiped the foundation compact. Very smooth and creamy, velvet like texture and super easy to blend on your skin. Doesn't dry harshly and you can continue to keep building the coverage without it looking cakey.
After applying it on my entire face it felt and looked natural without it looking fake on my skin. And yes, I know it's makeup, but it doesn't look like your wearing a mask. I want to compare the finish to a bb creme like finish. And it does dry matte, at least for the first couple hours on me, I have really oily skin.
I chose not to set it with a powder which is probably why I got oily half way through the day.
The color match does feel off to me still but not by a whole bunch. Surprisingly NC40 looked lighter by a shade off. And I mentioned I wear Studio Fix Liquid in NC35.
I like that it comes in compact form making so much easier for touch ups through the day. Reminds me of the studio fix powder foundation compacts.  
If you decide to get this or try it make you go in person and get matched.

No comments:

Post a Comment