Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation Review

Lately I've been on a hunt to find a new foundation.
I bought Tarte's 12 Hour Amazonian clay foundation with very high hopes.
I did test drive inside the department store before purchasing it. Medium Tan Honey is an amazing color match for my skin tone. If I had to pick a color match over my MAC NC35 Studio Fix, this foundation would be it.
I wanted to use this foundation for a couple of weeks before reviewing it and make sure it's something I really wanted to replace my SF.
I paid $38 for this and some taxes. That's a lot of money, even for me, to splurge on foundation. I usually only use high end foundation 2 times out of the week so I don't normally use up my foundations too quickly.
Lucky for me I have a very understanding husband, who doesn't mind when I do want something bad enough, to allow me without judgement.
The foundation is very thick and but does offer full coverage, however, finding the right technique to apply this is an adventure on it's own. I tried a couple of brushes using this foundation but I didn't like the results. I just ended up using my clean hands and applying it with my finger tips. By the second and third time I didn't mind but it's not very practical applying it this way.
With primer underneath it looked matte and flawless, that is until it started mixing with my natural skin oils.
My forehead started to look shiny. Not greasy but dewy. I do not like this look at all. Warning for oily skinned gals!!!
As the hours progressed my flawlessly matte face became more and more dewy. Instead of matting my face with cakey powder I decided to just blot to keep it it's true foundation form.
Well let me tell you, for it being a thick FULL coverage foundation it has NO staying power. At the end of the day after blotting my face a couple times it looked a little blotchy and the foundation looked pretty thinned out at certain places on my face. Like I could see some of my freckles and redness.
For all the money I spent on this I expected my FULL 12 Hours Coverage!
I think I only saw about a third of that time on a hot Cali summer day. Oh well. Onto the next. Really do love the color match though. (will post pics soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment