Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dying My Own Hair

So I'll be the first to admit that dying your own hair, especially at home is not the most glamorous thing to do. If you ever catch your wife doing so(good luck and duck lol) it will not be very attractive. Now never fear because it's things like this a wife does to stay attractive and purrtay for her hubby :)
I prefer doing it at home rather than forking out the $150-200+ for a cut, dye, and blowout. No thanks! That money can go elsewhere. For a few bucks I can buy the dye, bleach, and developer for about 10-15 bucks. That's my kinda budget! I normally buy my hair stuff from a local hair salon/hair store. Their items are decently priced but you don't get a discount, at least not that I know of. (Bleaching the tar outt'a my hair first. Notice how faded the red looks and the foil lol)
I don't recommend bleaching your own hair because I know through trial and error that you can burn your scalp if you don't know what your doing. I've been cutting, bleaching, dying, butchering my own hair for over 13 years! I know, I know, should've gone to school to learn this instead of wasting time trying to get my bachelors and not using what I learned in those classes on anything I do now. (Putting in the hair dye, no it's not blood, relax peeps)
Anyways, back on topic, I'll post some pictures of before and after. This is the most recent color I have been dying it and do like the outcome. I sometimes stray from red because it's so hard to keep up. It's also the quickest color to fade. (The outcome, after dyes washed out)

No comments:

Post a Comment