Saturday, November 29, 2014

Octaviana Corsets (UPDATE) Review

It's been about a year since I was first contacted by the owner of Octaviana Corsetry. Suzanne emailed me through facebook to inform me that I had won her FB Half Way to the Goal Contest. I had randomly been picked and had won a custom waist cincher. 
I eventually got the courage to give her a phone call with the number she provided me with. I had never won such a large prize before and was a tad nervous since this was going to be a custom order.
All nerves set aside, I called her. 
She asked for my measurements and what type of fabrics I would like the corset to be made with. 
After all was done and said I was super excited to know something special was being made for me that I had been wanting since my late teens back in the late 90's.
It took a couple of months for me to finally receive my corset in the mail. 
Shortly after receiving it we discovered I was pregnant! So even though it was a happy moment because not only did I get something I'd been wanting for a very long time but I was also going to have a little baby. There was no way that waist cincher was going to work or fit on me (not intended to be worn by a pregnant woman). :(
Fast forward to a year later.
One happy bouncy baby later as well  :)
I was finally able to put my custom waist cincher on for the first time! 
Last month it didn't fit but I decided to give it a try this week since my new workout regime helped me lose 15 pounds.
It fit like a glove!!!
I like the way it looks, the way it feels, the way its fits.
I'm not going to lie, but it was a bit hard to get into it at first. 
I had to lie down flat on my bed to first zipper it up but after that it was easy to buckle and tighten. 
I was not used to the steel boning but once everything was secure and in place my back felt so straight. Like I had all this support that made me stand straighter. 
This is really good for me since I have terrible posture.
And don't get me started on the amazing details all around it! 

Suzanne, in my opinion,
really does out do herself. The workmanship and hardship she puts into these corsets really do show through in every detail.

I did not have to pay for this corset but let me tell you this- you definitely get  what you pay for. If I were to get another waist cincher in the near future I will be coming back to her to purchase from her without a doubt.
Her corsets are amazing and make you feel so feminine and pretty! This is something I really needed after having my third kiddo.
If you want a cheap imitation "made in china" plastic boned corset then go for it, but chances are it won't last you long and it won't give you half the support that you need to truly waist train. I know because I've bought some in the past.
If you want quality and to support a small business that truly gives you your moneys worth then please check out her page-  https://www.facebook.com/corseted 


No comments:

Post a Comment