Thursday, May 4, 2017

L'oreal True Match Foundation Review Oily Skin UPDATE

Yeah I know I'm late to the game as far as trying this foundation goes, since it's been out for a while now.
Still on my mission of finding an affordable foundation with my skin type...
Went to CVS and bought the L'oreal True Match foundation in W4. I literally went over so many reviews and youtube videos just to make sure I wasn't wasting time and money on this if it didn't work out.
Everyone swears by it and the color match for MAC Studio Fix in NC35 is W4.
I'm starting to notice that drugstore brands don't have pumps on their foundations.
Oh well.
It cost me 12 dollars and some change.




I poured a small amount on the back of my hand to see the consistency of the fluid. It's thin but not watery.
As I applied it to my face I saw that it didn't dry right away, which gave me time to blend it out evenly on all my entire face.
It dried semi-matte. I didn't add setting powder to it but felt like I didn't need to.


(No flash, natural light)


Like I said no setting powder and no primer. I really like the outcome! Matches my skintone really well, and evens out my skintone. I don't have too many issues with my skin other than oily and enlarged pores. This foundation looks natural and does its job.

Tip- exfoliate before applying and moisturize. I didn't do.either and you can see the dry patches on me. And the older I get the more drier my skin is on certain parts of my face😅

With flash there is a slight white cast because of the SPF.

Final note- I like it! I think it's better than the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation(Matte formula).

UPDATE- The first hour of wearing it stayed matte and true to shade. After a while it oxidized orange when my natural oils seeped through.
And at about 4 hrs my skin looked super oily. That was with primer and setting powder.

There is definitely better stuff out there. Still trying out new drug store brands.










No comments:

Post a Comment