Thursday, April 20, 2017

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation 228 Review UPDATE

Alright ladies I went on a massive drugstore foundation reviews tangent online while I was in the store.
Review after review of DS foundations kept telling me to stay away from every single "cheap" brand sold.
I almost gave up.
I mean come on, I like high end foundations that live up to their expectations!
$39 bucks, sure why not?! If it looks hell'a good on me and is full coverage! Take ma' money!!!🤑
Well, not really. It does add up and I'm tired of giving away my money to HE companies.
My holy grail foundation was discontinued simply because they didn't advertise it enough. And...drum roll...they came out with a different line all together. Thanks MAC!😐
So here I was at Cvs tonight looking up reviews for a decent DS brand to replace my old foundation.
I lastly look at Maybelline's line Fit Me Matte Poreless. Matched myself to the closest beige with warm undertones.
Ended up getting Soft Tan 228. In winter I'm nc35, summer nc40.



Tried out tonight so in a way this is a first impression review.
So far I'm really liking the results! I paid 8 dollars and some change, I don't feel ripped off because I wanted to try something new for once!
The coverage is light to medium. Very natural looking, almost as nice as a good bb cream. Dries matte with slight almost non shine from my oily skin. I added my translucent setting powder over it and I'm very impressed!
Now keep in mind I don't really have discoloration or anything too much to want to cover other than even my skintone and mattify my skin- which it did both🤗
So yeah I'm happy🙂


Here's the results with no filters or blurring. With flash and indoors. I really also like the color match!


Tip- if you already own setting powder pass on the matching powder. Keeps the cost down.

UPDATE- 128 shade was too orangy and a tad bit too dark for me. Went and got shade 220. That review is at the top of my blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment